Feb 14, 2012

Cottony Soft Cheesecake




I love this cake!  It is so soft, fluffy, cheesy, lemony and yummeh!  So many people have tried baking it and there are many variations to the recipe.  I decided to use the one that is used by many Indonesian bloggers and the recipe is from 35 Cheesecake Recipes Variation by Yasaboga.  This recipe is definitely a keeper for me.  Love it, love it..love it..

I wasn't very confident when making the cheesecake.  Just from looking at the many pictures, I was sure the top of my cake will crack.  But I was proven wrong.  It turned out beautifully.  The top is slightly crunchy and the colour is just a lovely tinge of golden brown.

Ingredients
50g flour
50g corn flour

60g unsalted butter
250g cream cheese
120ml whipping cream
5 egg yolks
2 tsp grated lemon peel

5 egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
125g caster sugar
1tsp lemon juice

Method
Line and grease a round 22cm baking tin.  Preheat oven to 150C.  Mix butter, cream cheese and whipping cream in a double boiler.  Let it simmer and remove from fire.  Add sifted flour mixture and stir well.  Add egg yolks and continue to mix well.  Add lemon peel and mix further.  In a separate bowl, beat egg whites till frothy.  Add sugar and lemon juice a bit at a time.  Beat until soft peak forms.  Pour 1/3 egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture and stir well.  Pour this into the remaining egg white mixture and stir well.  Transfer batter into baking tin and bake using bain marie method for about 75 minutes (depending on your oven).  Remove cake from tin once the cake is completely cooled down.






Actually, I can't wait to bake this again.  Everyone at home loved it.  Now there's a reason for me to stock up on the cream cheese!

A few days ago, I also tried making 'Cakoi'.  It didn't turn out too nice.  I don't why I was rushing through the recipe.  Macam nak kejar MRT pulak...  But eat it with teh susu or kopi susu, sedap sekali!






No comments:

Post a Comment