Apr 18, 2012

Aaatchoooo! Very dusty lah!

It sure has been a very long time since I last updated this blog.  So many reasons and excuses to give, but I'd rather not.  Hopefully this time I will be able to update frequently.

Here are 2 recipes that I tried some time back.  The first is the well-liked and ever famous Marble Chocolate Cheese Cake.  I got the recipe from a lady who was active in FP last time.  She is Roylazim.




It is a very moist and tasty cake.  The combination of dark cocoa and cream cheese is just wonderful.  I have made this many times before.  All at home love it.  The recipe is very simple too!


A) 180g butter, 20g cocoa powder, 150g castor sugar, 3 eggs, 120g self-raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder.

B)  250g cream cheese, 60g castor sugar, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 egg.

Method:
-Sift SRF, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
-Cream butter and sugar.
-Add in eggs (A), one at a time.
-Add sifted ingredients and mix well.
-In anotther bowl, beat (B) till light.
-Prepare baking tin, line with greaseproof paper.  Pour in one part of (A) into the tin.  Spread evenly.  Then pour all of (B) and spread evenly.  Finally pour the balance of (A) to cover the whole area.
-Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160C for about an hour.




This is the other kuih that I tried.  There was no particular recipe that I followed.  I mixed and  match some of the recipes that I saw and this is the outcome.




My husband loves this Bingka Ubi.  He has asked me to bake it again, but next time he wants it to be a little thinner and the top to be a little darker and crunchy.  Hhmmmmm..ok lah.  Will try to make it according to your requirements...hahaha...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment